English Proficiency Policy
Students from non-native English-speaking countries must demonstrate proficiency in the English language prior to being accepted into CBTS. This should be done by meeting the required scoring on the TOEFL exam. A score of 575 is required for the written exam, and a score of 230 is required for the computer-based exam. The internet-based test score is 90.
The CBTS reporting code is C683.
Please contact CBTS administration prior to submitting an application if you believe you meet the exemption criteria below.
The TOEFL score requirement may be waived for the following:
- Non-native speakers who hold degrees or diplomas from post–secondary institutions in English-speaking countries.
- Non-native speakers who have successfully completed at least a two-year course of study in which English was the language of instruction.
- Applicants who transfer from institutions in the United States or Canada whose academic course work received favorable critique relative to its demands and duration.
- Non-native speakers who have taken the TOEFL test within the past two years.
- Non-native speakers who have successfully pursued academic work at schools where English was the language of instruction in an English-speaking country for a specified period, generally two years.
William Carey Scholarship
Once Accepted as an International Student You
May Apply for the William Carey Scholarship Fund